Re: [ga] Has the T L D A dis banded?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Has the T L D A dis banded?
  • From: Karl Peters <tlda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 01:22:47 -0400

Mr. Baxter, (and others now curious)
It is most disingenuous for you to suggest that you did not know where to get information about the TLDA just a short time after our private exchange in which I explained the loss of my computer overnight to a hard drive failure and lacked the passwords and e-mail accounts already set up to deal with list operation payment and now the response to your very public "questions" for which you already had the answer privately. I expect this kind of behavior from you and am not surprised or hurt. That's the way it is on these lists where no one feels any personal responsibility for anything they write. As for the elections, as I have explained before, those are for members and yes, the members did vote and a new Board and committees have been formed, each with new people added to replace those that are naturally revolved out as per our by-laws, three times a year. Any member should have been able to give you the newly elected officers if you had asked. I would have, had you asked me when you asked me about the list operations. I'm sure you would have made some attempt at discrediting us anyway, though, so it really would not have changed much, would it? The TLDA is as alive and well as it has ever been. All TLD holders are encouraged to join us and work for a better tomorrow for our industry and all its participants. (www.tldainc.org) As an aside, I regularly use another technology to communicate with board members that far out-performs mail list technology and keeps us going just fine. I call it the telephone. It was in use long before mail-lists and still makes for better communication of ideas. While it may not be effective for the GA here, it certainly keeps the TLDA moving just fine, even without some single other tool for a few days. I have given you my number a couple times. Try calling me when you have a question about the TLDA. Or, just send me your number and a good time to call you. It really works, but only for people willing to stand for what they say when confronted by real people. Any other questions may be directed to me, Karl Peters at tlda@xxxxxxxxxxx. Thank you to the GA list (Again) for this space to address this kind of question...

-Karl E. Peters, President
Top Level Domain Association, Inc.