[ga] Re: Someone responded to: Not a Guessing Game

  • To: "info@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Someone responded to: Not a Guessing Game
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 03:16:03 -0700

David,

  Thanks for your comments.  I wasn't aware that ICANN nor the
IANA were pushing for DNSSEC.  Whom seems to be the
originator of the resistance to doing so, and why in your opinion?
Is possibly resistance from the GAC or DOC/NTIA?

  As it has been known amongst many security professionals like
myself of the holes in DNS for quite a few years, and now that
Dan has taken that public much to the shigrin to Paul, and a few
others whom are IMO far too worried about public image rather
than getting the job done, why now all the sudden effectively, has
it become a priority?  My guess is that the many legal cases that
have been dismissed, and damaged individuals as a result of
DNS security holes accordingly along with many compaining to
CERT, USDOJ, states Atty. Generals, ect., have made addressing
same politically necessary.  This set of reasons, although understandable,
in no way justifies them as means to an end that could and would have
been fixed years ago.  For me anyway, political reasons to address
a known technical problem are utterly rediculous in the extream...

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827