[ga] DNS Security holes: Not a Guessing Game, comments by Paul Vixie

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] DNS Security holes: Not a Guessing Game, comments by Paul Vixie
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:32:17 -0700

All,

  FYI from circle ID:

Comment by Paul Vixie
http://www.circleid.com/posts/87143_dns_not_a_guessing_game/#4238

While ISC is totally ready and willing to cooperate with ICANN on the
root
zone demo David mentioned, that demo is of technology, not political
will,
and is therefore somewhat off-topic. I want the real root zone signed
with
a real key so that TLDs who sign themselves will have a secure place to
publish their TLD keys. I have searched the world and I've busted into
every smoke filled room on it, and I have still not found the person who

can say "yes" to that, nor have I found the people who are currently
saying "no". What I do know is that if ICANN and USG had the political
will to make this happen, it would happen.

My note:

  Well I find this interesting attempt to hold out the olive branch
while
at the same time attempting to keep a distance from ICANN.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827