Re: [ga] [Fwd: [governance] dot.ASIA Front-Running scheme claimed]

  • To: Edmon Chung <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] [Fwd: [governance] dot.ASIA Front-Running scheme claimed]
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:01:25 -0700

Edmon and all,

  With all due respect and consideration, I, nor any of our members believe in
"Sunrise Provisions" of any sort as they, no matter how well thought out,
skew reality in the IT arena and there is not reasonable method that those
that applied durring a "Sunrise process" have done so ligitimately.  Ergo,
first come, first serve is the only fair way of managing a TLD registry.
I say this because for the past 8 to 9 years, Tradmark and copywrite
laws, ACTA not extant, are nebulus and far from fully defined or
tested vis a vi the Internet/DNS.

  However I do appriciate you well reasoned, yet flawed response.  >:)