Re: [ga] GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GAC Rep <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:33:09 -0700

Sotiris and all,

  Your right as far as GoDaddy is concerned, it appears.  I am
sure my friends in Canada find this as unsurprising and sleazy
as I do.  Sadly some of them ( users and Registrants ) have been
tarnished as a result, as well as a result of ICANN's poor oversight
along with DOC/NTIA's poor oversight of ICANN.

  I as an American, appologize to my fellow Canadians for the
actions of a Sr. Executive of an American company for their
sleazy and disgusting business practices.  I hope that our good
friends in Canada and everywhere will except my own personal
appology for the actions of GoDaddy Inc. Not all American
business operate in this ugly, sleasy and disgusting manner.
Unfortunately GoDaddy has.  >:(

  I am also fairly sure that if you check, which I and some of
our members have, that GoDaddy is also most prolific registrar
of Child Porn Domain Names as well.  But I am sure DHS and
USDOJ as well as DOC/NTIA haven't looked into that "Element"
of the GoDaddy - ICANN relationship, eh?  But we can all hope
that someday they will.  I only hope that the do so sometime in
my lifetime, but I am even very doubtful of that...  >:(

sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/29/0625249
>
> It's a looter's game after all, even with established and profitable
> business models...
>
> Still waiting for you to explin howa .bank TLD will add value to the
> namespace.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827