Re: [ga] A Proposal for ICANN - Will they Listen?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Proposal for ICANN - Will they Listen?
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:56:08 -0700 (PDT)

John, thanks for the detailed reply.

Actually the only question that I would like to see answered pertains to the
following:

ICANN has put forward the proposition that "Strings must not infringe the
existing legal rights of others that are recognized or enforceable under
generally accepted and internationally recognized principles of law."

As issue then is whether Inclusive Namespace TLDs enjoy existing legal rights
that might be infringed by an applicant string.  Likely that's for either the
Dispute Resolution Panelists or the Courts to decide.

best regards,
Danny