Re: [ga] GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:40:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Re:  Still waiting for you to explain how a .bank TLD will add value to
> the
> namespace.
>
> Have a look at this article which might answer your question:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2006/dec/07/money.guardianweeklytechnologysection
>
> Of course, it's ultimately up to whomever proposes a .bank or a similar
> string to make the case for the added value they will provide.

Actually, YOU made the statement that .bank would add value so I asked you
to make the case... As for the issue which is raised in the article you
cite, that is nothing new. Despite a never-ending parade of security
measures over the past several decades, banks are still robbed and fraud
still goes on even though we have all sorts of systems set up to prevent
such things. Do you seriously think that a .bank TLD will curtail online
bank fraud? Creative criminals will find a way to get around the measure
just as they always have... So again, tell us how YOU see the .bank TLD
adding value to the namespace.