Re: [ga] New top-level internet addresses come with $100,000-plus price tag

  • To: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New top-level internet addresses come with $100,000-plus price tag
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:03:22 +1200

At 03:02 a.m. 29/06/2008, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The real (and unstated) intent of this move is to
preclude the advent of extra-ICANN DNS systems in any language on earth,
such that the resulting (or continuing) US dominated addressing system
will remain within the purview of American control.

That was also my first thought. It's part of maintaining the status quo. (Errr, the "stability" of the Internet)

Meanwhile, is ICANN going to lead the way by applying for .icann for itself?

In that case I would like to register atlarge.icann so that I can stop paying Verisign for icannatlarge.com

Joop

-joop-