Re: [ga] ECTA Letter to Twomey

  • To: ecta@xxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, twomey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ECTA Letter to Twomey
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:18:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Danny and all,

  Thank you for making us all aware of this VERY interesting
letter to Mr. Twomey and ICANN via the ISPCP rather than in
a more open and transparent manner.  I remain unsurprised,
as do our members that ecta and ICANN continue to be less than
transparent and open with the larger internet, user, and
registrant community.  As such I hope that Glen will put out
an announcement regarding this letter and in doing so seeks
the user and registrant community sector of the private sector
as to their opinion on the contents and tone of this letter
accordingly.

  I know that a good number of our members are ECTA members, registrants,
and trade mark holders and do not share the ECTA's position and
concern expressed in this letter from ECTA and none that I know
of, or have heard of even, knew that this letter was sent or considered
at any time.  This therefore leads to the belief that the ECTA members
were not broadly consulted before this letter was sent, and as such
cannot be considered representative of the full or majority of the
ECTA members accordingly.