[ga] VeriSign Registry Service Proposal

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] VeriSign Registry Service Proposal
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

>>CHUCK GOMES:  In the interest of transparency and disclosing my interests, I
>>would like to inform you that VeriSign has submitted a registry service
>>proposal for the allocation of single and two-character domain names.  There
>>aren't very many two-character domain names available, by the way, one.
 So, unfortunately, until it's posted it is not appropriate for me to discuss
the details.  I can tell you that I believe that we incorporated a lot of the
issues that were recommended in the comments with regard to ICANN's paper and
that we think it has excellent benefit for the community.
 And in fairness to ICANN staff so that we submitted it late leading up to
these meeting and at a very difficult time for them to respond -- although we
have had some interaction, so I don't want this to come across as a criticism
to ICANN staff that it hasn't been posted.
 If per chance -- and I don't know whether this will happen or not -- it is
posted this week, we will be happy to talk about it and receive comments from
people.

https://par.icann.org/files/paris/Paris-GNSO-22JUN08am.txt