Re: [ga] .travel and namesbeyond.com

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .travel and namesbeyond.com
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 13:10:30 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Danny and all,

  I don't have a good handle on why the sudden increase of
DN's in .TRAVEL name space.  It looks rather strange to say
the least.  There is not increase in interest in the travel
industry, quite the contrary.  What I do know is that I am
and have been recieving an increased number of phishing fraud
Emails over the past several months that are .TRAVEL originated.
I reported several to the legal authorities but to my knowledge
no action has yet been taken.

  Frankly though, ICANN should be looking into this, but
if ICANN is getting additional registration fees, the
motivation for them to do so I would immagine is rather low.
After all Mr. Egan was a close friend of some of the previous
ICANN Bod members...