Re: [ga] List Rules

  • To: "Elisabeth Porteneuve" <elisabeth.porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Danny Younger'" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Hugh Dierker'" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules
  • From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 18:17:54 +0200

Thank you for this evaluation. Very clear.

It shows that the real problem belongs to the inherent technical risks of the ICANN-down registrars hierarchy instead of a registrant-up professional heterarchy. A change in the pricing and service quality culture could most probably help in reversing this. But most probably as complex and culturally difficult for ICANN to understand as Multingual Internet for the IETF.

ICANN and IETF say their Internet is decentralised (network centric). The WSIS says that our Information Society Internet is "people centric, à dimension humaine, centrada en la persona". Even if they did "augment their IQ" at being together (they try hard since Doug Engelbart) this is something they may still take some time to conciliate.
jfc