Re: [ga] List Rules

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:48:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Eric,

As much as I like motions, we would in a better
position if we could draft an issues paper laying out
the pros and cons of the AGP.  I note that the
registrars have already created a powerpoint on the
benefits of the AGP -- you can view it by clicking on
the attachment at this url:

By this way, this powerpoint was quite convincing (at
least to Board director Steven Goldstein that
referenced this presentation at the Washington JPA
session), so our counterpoint arguments must
necessarily be of equal or greater caliber if we are
to convince both the GNSO and the Board over the
objections of the registrars.

regards,
Danny

--- Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The list has run along very smoothly for several
> months. The main reason is voluntary compliance with
> the rules. Once this concept breaks down so does the
> list. We are not talking about individual one time
> lapses. For constant repeat violations we must stand
> strong and enforce the rules.
>
>   We are at a point for the first time in months,
> that the list is coalescing into the form of
> producing a statement/motion. The AGP issue seems to
> have come to a head and more formal resolution
> procedures may be appropriate. I believe it is at a
> motion stage with 4 seconds. If the desire is to
> move forward in a constructive effective matter, we
> should hear that from the members.
>
>   Eric

No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for Yahoo!
users and friends.