Fwd: [ga] Public Comments Requested on DNS Stability: The Effect of New gTLDs on ,the Internet Domain Name System

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fwd: [ga] Public Comments Requested on DNS Stability: The Effect of New gTLDs on ,the Internet Domain Name System
  • From: "Christopher Anderson" <significants@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:34:18 -0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christopher Anderson <significants@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Feb 8, 2008 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: [ga] Public Comments Requested on DNS Stability: The
Effect of New gTLDs on ,the Internet Domain Name System
To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> One of the policy recommendations developed in relation to
> the introduction of new gTLDs included the requirement that "Strings
> must not cause any technical instability."

oops....  l already looks like I.

I know there was a lengthy message there that I skimmed regarding the
proper place to comment, I'm sure.. but maybe instead one of you far
more capable people could take the point in stride, especially if you
can see the point through my lackluster attempt at displaying it. and
by display I mean dispiay. also, while we're fretting about the
unfamiliar, let's bring up these beauties:

bdpqo  ij!

(my translation of "technical instability" reads: if you squint and it
still looks like a letter from your language but is actually a Foreign
Letter trying to Trick You and Steal Your Gold.) in summary: there's
already technical instab!ility, that's a hopeless battle, mark it off
the list, focus on adapting to it while bettering the system at large.