Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:47:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

--- "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I'm not fan of ICANN's big-budget and free-spending ways, but I think
> business class international travel for Board members and *senior*
staff,
> plus their own hotel room for everyone are not unreasonable expenses.

I dare ICANN to run an experiment, to allow ICANN Board members, staff,
etc. to downgrade from business class to coach, and allow those who
downgrade to keep 1/3rd the difference in *cash*. Same for hotel
sharing. Report back to us how much money is saved. When something is
"free" (paid by someone else), there are no incentives to save money or
for accountability.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/