Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:43:39 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

--- "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's interesting that you also mention hotel charges. Wal-Mart.CEO
and
> President Lee Scott, has publicly stated that to control costs, he
flies
> coach and shares a budget hotel room (one figure mentioned was $49)
when
> traveling with another Wal-Mart executive. If flying coach and

Good point, Ted. The same point I raised in 2006 in the public comments
on the budget, see:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/budget-comments/msg00001.html

Of the *3* comments submitted by the entire universe, I submitted 2 of
them:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/budget-comments/index.html

It's ironic that I wrote about ICANN meetings in front of empty halls:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/budget-comments/msg00000.html

and ICANN's response is the ICANN Fellowship Program:

http://www.icann.org/fellowships/

a boondoggle that fills seats with paid attendees. Photo-ops in front
of vast empty rows of seats don't have quite the PR value ICANN seeks.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/