Re: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:30:05 -0800

Roberto and all,

  First, all, please trim your CC's and TO's before sending a response
on this thread.

  Roberto, again, respectively, you still miss the point I believe.  The point
is that why should registrants pay any fee what so ever?  What's the
justification when it isn't and never has been a registrant generated problem
in the first place?  Registries should never have the authority or even
ability to put any Domain name on hold that has been reserved or
queried, or even that has recently expired taking into account the
grace period of course.  Any registrant, or would be registrant, should
have the ability to choose their own registrar of choice without restriction.
These I believe are the most relevant points.  Sure there is a cost for
front running/tasting.  But those costs were created by ICANN's poor
RIR's not registrants or would be registrants.  Registrars also should not
bare the costs of an ICANN past Bod error in judgment.  ICANN should
bare those costs from it's own funds or make mandatory a solution, both
short term, and long term.  Hence requiring such solutions being solicited
via public comment, and/or by the GNSO council via the relevant constituencies
such as they are....

  From where I sit, ICANN created/allowed for Tasting/Front Running,
ICANN should pay for the damage which has resulted.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827