RE: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year

  • To: "'George Kirikos'" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Dominik Filipp'" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ICANN Domain name tasting'" <domain-tasting-2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:11:26 +0100

George Kirikos wrote:

> The point was that at:

> you wrote that "I fully agree. $0.20 re-registration fee is
> an insufficient solution."

Sorry, there might be a misunderstanding.
The sentences you quote are Dominik's.

What I did agree, was the last sentence in Dominik's post, which reads "If I
cannot order a pizza and then cancel the order just paying $0.20 fine, why
should have I an extra privilege regarding domain names?".
Personally, I don't want to get into the debate on whether a specific amount
is sufficient or not, my point is only that I don't see any probem in
*having* a non-refundable fee of some sort, much the same way it happens in
real life for many other similar cancellation of transactions.

Regards,
Roberto