[ga] Proposed Advisory

  • To: Kieren McCarthy <kierenmccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Proposed Advisory
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 04:53:29 -0800 (PST)

Kieren,

A question has been posed on the Public Participation
website; could we trouble you to look into this...

"Status of the Proposed Advisory?
What is the status of this Proposed Advisory, to stop
this practice?

http://www.icann.org/announcements/proposed-advisory-19sep07.htm

Network Solutions is STILL blocking domain transfers,
if the domain owner updates their contact info, even
though the advisory clearly states "A registrant
change to Whois information is not a valid basis for
denying a transfer request." I suspect GoDaddy hasn't
stopped doing this either.

What is the next step, after hearing public comments
on this proposed advisory?"
http://public.icann.org/node/244#comment-661

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs