Re: Update KID.US DNS also misconfigured, TO:Re: [ga] Re: kids.us DNS misconfigured

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Update KID.US DNS also misconfigured, TO:Re: [ga] Re: kids.us DNS misconfigured
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:42:27 -0500 (EST)

Stephane and all,

  No it's not normal at all.  KIDS.US not having NS records
is a total DNS misconfiguration.  So it appears is nom.fr
and gouv.fr.  But thanks for pointing that out.  They shall be
added to my block list and reported to the proper LEA authorities
as required here in the US.  I shall file an IC3 report in those
domain names regard shortly recognizing of course that gouv.fr
is a French Government Domain which should get some attention
from my government regarding it's errant DNS configuration.

  However at least nic.fr also a domain name, has NS records however
doesn't have SPF records in DNS as it should have, this means that
spammers can easily send out E-mail that looks like it came from
your domain, which can make your domain look bad (if the recipient
thinks you really sent it), and can cost you money (when people
complain to you, rather than the spammer). It also looks like your,
nic.fr last update was 11/28/07, which does indicate that you failed
to update your DNS to include SPF records from your last update.  That's
kind of sloppy and unprofessional, but not illegal.

So perhaps adding SPF records would be a good idea lest nic.fr
E-Mails desire to be non-authoritative, ergo considered spam in
some sectors.  Please be so kind to the rest of the Internet community
and add proper SPF records in you next, and hopefully soon, DNS update.

  I know I and many others in the Global Internet community look
forward to nic.fr, nom.fr, and gouv.fr correcting these DNS misconfigurations
in cooperation with the same Global Internet community, and to do so
ASAP.

Kindest regards,

Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214-244-4827