[ga] A Root with a view...

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] A Root with a view...
  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:58:02 +0100

I cannot find another report about the TLDs most often queried at a
root name server. Other reports I've seen aggregated data, while this
small glimpse, however partial, at least *names* the TLDs.

It has been said sometimes that dummy (sorry, Karl, "boutique" TLDs)
were present in requests to the root name servers. This is clearly
false, all the non-existing TLDs queried are local domains (such as
Apple's ".local"), leaking through a configuration error.

http://blog.icann.org/?p=240