Re: [ga] Draft Anti-Phishing Best Practices Recommendations for Registrars

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Draft Anti-Phishing Best Practices Recommendations for Registrars
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:10:31 -0400

On 25-Oct-07, at 10:37 AM, Danny Younger wrote:

No matter what the community asks for, if the
registrars have to spend a dime they will invariably
oppose the request.

...and what exactly are you basing this misguided opinion on?

If your goal is to see that registrars *don't* spend a dime enforcing practice and policy, I'm certain that I can find you at least a dozen registrars accounting for at least 90% of market share that would be happily to dismantle the anti-crime and anti-abuse teams that they have put together to help deal with the problems.

I know for a fact that the money we spend on anti-crime/anti-abuse initiatives could be invested in things that provide better short- term commercial rewards - however we keep pouring money into ensuring that we're part of the solution because it creates a better long term environment for everyone.

Do you even own a domain?

-ross