Re: [ga] On Its Way: One of the Biggest Changes to the Internet

  • To: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi <bashar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] On Its Way: One of the Biggest Changes to the Internet
  • From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:18:37 +0200

At 00:29 14/10/2007, Bashar Al-Abdulhadi wrote:
what about the other 22 arabic countries out there?

Dear Bashar,
The same. ISO 3166 documents every country (and administrative area). However, each Arabic country can elect its own polynyms (name and code instanciations in local language/script).

However, please do not confuse the test by ICANN with anything national or multilingual. This is a simple internationalised layer testing. It would be more interesting if the xn--TLDs were somewhat longers (measure of the impact on different programs) and confusing (I am in perticular concerned by the typos rate and the impact on the root's traffic level, etc. I understand the interest of a wiki application, but I would have prefered some web.2.0. applications be included to better know the impact of low TTL, international distribution, possible high typo rate, very long xn--TLD

jfc