Re: [ga] Domain Transfer Complaint

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Domain Transfer Complaint
  • From: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:34:48 -0400

Hi Andy,

Before we all start playing the blame game, let's look at the facts. DomainTools.com lists the following information in the WHOIS record for IFASC.org

Domain ID:D107755293-LROR
Domain Name:IFASC.ORG
Created On:09-Oct-2005 15:53:40 UTC
Last Updated On:10-Oct-2007 10:56:35 UTC
Expiration Date:09-Oct-2008 15:53:40 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:A99F46409BB801F5
Registrant Name:Low Budget Host
Registrant Organization:JDT Technologies, Inc
Registrant Street1:9866 Kamena Circle
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Boynton Beach
Registrant State/Province:FL
Registrant Postal Code:33436
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.1111111111
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email: admin (at) lowbudgethost (dot) com

Admin ID:A99F46409BB801F5
Admin Name:Low Budget Host
Admin Organization:JDT Technologies, Inc
Admin Street1:9866 Kamena Circle
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Boynton Beach
Admin State/Province:FL
Admin Postal Code:33436
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.1111111111
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email: admin (at) lowbudgethost (dot) com

The website owner is neither the registrant nor administrative contact for IFASC.org Both contacts are for the web hosting company, so eNom's responsibility is to the web hosting company and not the website owner. It is unfortunate, but the website owner must resolve his/her problem with the web hosting company.

I am not aware of the specifics regarding IFASC.org or Low Budget Host, but this situation appears similar to a common problem with unwary people who register their domains through certain web hosting companies. Some web hosting companies offer free domains or domains below the wholesale cost as a promotion to lure new customers. To ensure that they can recover the expenses from their promotion, these web hosting companies register domains for clients in the name of the respective web hosting company. This has the intended effect of forcing unsuspecting clients to keep their hosting services at the web hosting company. As the domains are registered to the web hosting company, website owners cannot change name servers to different web hosting services or transfer domains away to different registrars.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.
http://www.ProphetPartners.com