Re: [ga] .ASIA to ban phishing domains

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .ASIA to ban phishing domains
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 00:56:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Danny and all,

  It sounds encouraging to be sure.  Dilivery on the promise
will tell the Ole tale of the tape however.  My wonder with
this declaration is does the .ASIA have the horses and the
$$ to back up this declaration?  I seriously doubt it.  However
with the proper assistance from ICANN in terms of $$, they could
be successful.  But this would mean some of the ICANN Bod and
staff members would have to give up some perks and $$.  Also
not likely, IMHO.

  So for right now anyway this declaration/promise is more
marketing jargon than being realistic.  For heavens sake
.ASIA doesn't even have NIC or a NOC up!