Re: [ga] Chair Elections

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Chair Elections
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:01:27 -0400

I have no idea why we have to vote? I am used to the term default judgment. I see no reason to vote when the outcome is obvious. Acclamation! Thats my opinion. If we must vote - the lets vote. But if we can avoid this song and dance then acclaim.

regards
joe baptista

Hugh Dierker wrote:

I have received no input regarding the best way to proceed so we shall continue along the previous marked out process. Voting will be open from October 1st to the 3rd. There will be no negative voting as this is not a referendum. As we went through the Nominating process already with only one nomination acceptance and confirmation there would only be my name on the ballot. We could also accept "write ins" and proceed to a runoff should there be no clear winner.
I am open to any suggestions and in fact request them.
The bottom line is that we need to have a chair. Whatever directions the GA wants to go it at least needs the list semi organized and running. Obviously without a chair the list will not function. Perhaps this will be a affirmation vote of confidence or perhaps a vote to disband the GA. Eric
As Chair
Eric

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
Check out fitting gifts for grads <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz> at Yahoo! Search.

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551