RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

Robert Gaetano wrote:

> Well, if the GA was not part of the DNSO it would have been
> incomprehensible
> why the election of the GA Chair had to be ratified by the Name Council.

One of the oft-repeated arguments against the idea of an Individual
Registrant's Constituency has always been the 'issue' of identification
and verification of legitimate individuals... how many times did we hear
that argument in the past as a reason for not even considering an IRC.
Yet, on the basis of SEVEN unverified votes, the Name Council ups and
ratifies the 'Chair' and I cannot help but wonder why... why this specific
'Chair'?  What's the push for Mr. Dierker all about?  He has offered
absolutely nothing in terms of any meanignful/substantial contribution to
the overt ICANN process in the eight years that I've been following
developments... and yet suddenly the Name Council is going gaga over this
individual.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos