RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 06:28:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

--- Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> George Kirikos WROTE:
> >
> > Even under any plausible post-GNSO review, this would not be
> > a "General Assembly" (take a look again at what the
> > dictionary definition of a "general assembly" means).
>
> You might be right. All what I am saying is that I would like to
> postpone
> the decision until after the review.

Of course I'm right. GNSO review might never occur, yet in the meantime
the "keys to the asylum have been handed to the inmates" by Avri. That
should not be allowed to persist indefinitely.

How about this as a compromise: bring it to the board, so at least it's
an issue that has been raised under "AOB: All Other Business" with a
definitive timetable, namely that if the "review" hasn't occured by a
certain date, then this list automatically gets renamed.

Although, the logic of allowing the confusion to period for any period
totally eludes me. It's like a patient going to the doctor needing some
medicine, and the doctor saying "I know you're sick, and I can give you
this prescription, but let's wait until your annual physical, shall
we?" How would that doctor be perceived??

I leave you with these words of wisdom:

"Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today." -- Benjamin
Franklin

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/