Re: [ga] GA list

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GA list
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:24:59 -0400

All the GA is right now is a communications channel labeled " GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ". Your concerns with respect to impaired functionality of the GA can be fixed by taking over the technical functions for this label to an approved domain - owned and operated by the GA. Being those stakeholders capable of voting within that label.

That would provide the GA with technical independence which is now dependent on the wims of ICANN - who ultimately controls this communication medium nd is responsible for the technical control of this communications channel of ours. Now that we have rules - let us stand up and consider independence.

just a thought ;)

regards
joe baptista

Hugh Dierker wrote:

The super delay in the list and archives to me is making it almost impossible to keep our discussion straight. This can really impair functionality of the GA. We are not using the GNSO secretariat for any function relating to our business. Hopefully that will change. So yes I guess by default as our only elected at this point I will act in a position to fulfull that role. But not really - we just proceed absent any step to do with the Secretariat. Of course we want someone to come up with a better mousetrap. I just know we cannot have a lame duck Chair do anything spectacular. So the election for a new chair is critical. However with up to three hour delays on the mailing list I do not see participation flowing. Eric

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/tv/mail/tagline/tonightspicks/evt=48220/*http://tv.yahoo.com/%20> on Yahoo! TV.

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551