ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

Re: [dow3tf] Further Revised Best Practices

  • To: Brian Darville <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow3tf] Further Revised Best Practices
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:51:16 -0400
  • Cc: dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, roseman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 5/25/2004 9:14 AM Brian Darville noted that:

There is not a redline, but feel free to create one.  I will not have time to do so.

Numbers 8 and 9 are based on Bruce's suggestions.

In my discussions with Bruce he made clear that we should be making specific recommendations and he rejected the contention that almost all areas of the proposed best practices were out of scope as had been suggested.

You seem to be, yet again, missing my objection. How a registrar implements a policy is out of scope for the GNSO - I don't think I can be any clearer in describing this. This is consistent with what I have been saying for the last two months, what we heard on the joint call last week and what Bruce said in his two messages. Further, it is consistent with ICANN's bylaws *and* historical practice.

I have never objected to making specific policy recommendations and continue to urge us to do so.

Re: Recommendations 8 & 9 - Can you please provide the task force with Bruce's original submission? These are new views that do not appear to be found in any existing documents that I'm aware of.

--

                       -rwr

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org