ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

Re: Fwd: Re: [dow3tf] TF3

  • To: Brian Darville <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [dow3tf] TF3
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:13:50 -0400
  • Cc: dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 5/19/2004 11:08 AM Brian Darville noted that:

Ross:

I think we need clarification on this basic issue, because the registrar position that most of our recommendations are implementation and that implementation is beyond the scope of the Task Force will result in no meaningful recommendations being put forward by Task Force 3. My understanding is that the draft recommendations that have been circulated are clearly within scope of Task Force 3, but if that is not the case, let's get clarification and finish what will be a greatly circumscribed report in both content and meaning.

"will result in no meaningful recommendations being put forward by Task Force 3"

Again, I completely disagree. There have been several substantive recommendations put forward by members of the task force that are not mired down by implementation details. For some reason, very few of them have made it into the statement of best practices.

--

                       -rwr

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org