ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] Another 1.4 change/local law

  • To: Jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow2tf] Another 1.4 change/local law
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:14:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would also like to see Section 1.4 return to the original restatement of 3.3 recommendations regarding local law (from Jordyn's version w/o Steve's 5/26 changes).  Jordyn's version combines the elements of compliance, notification, and process within ICANN.  Let's leave the details to 3.3 for people to read about the two different processes: one to notify ICANN after compliance with law enforcement orders, and two to consult with ICANN prior to responding to law enforcement.

Steve's version states only the 2nd and not the first.  That's not really fair.  I say let's leave the detail to the 3.3 text.   thanks, kathy