ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] new GAC questions

  • To: dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow2tf] new GAC questions
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:41:40 +0100
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

since we could not totally agree on the existing questions for the GAC I
undertook the effort of creating a new set. As I understood the main
criticism was that the existing questions where to far reaching and not
precise enough and therefore might not be answered at all (one extreme)
or answered too extensively (the other extreme). Both kind of answers would
not suit our purpose. To make the questions easier to answer and the outcome
more predictable I tried to frame the questions as narrow as possible.

--

The GNSO's WHOIS Task Force #2 is chartered with reviewing the current
ICANN whois policy regarding the collection, disclosure and transmittal

In general, these data elements are:

domain name registrant's name, address, phone and fax number, e-mail address.

The same information is collected for administrative and technical contacts.

Part of the Task Force's charter is to document examples of relevant existing
privacy laws which may inform the Task Force's work and guide us in our decisions.

Information (including links and copies) of laws, regulations, and cases
responsive to the following points are of our particular interest:

1. Must a data subject consent to the collection and processing of his data?
2. Must a data subject consent to the disclosure of his collected data?
3. Can a data subject withdraw his consent to the disclosure of his data?
4. Has a data subject the right to stay anonymous and not disclose any data?
5. Is there any regulation on the transmittal of personal data to other countries?

We appreciate your assistance.

Best,

tom

--

Thomas Keller

Domain Services
Schlund + Partner AG
Brauerstrasse 48         		Tel. +49-721-91374-534
76135 Karlsruhe, Germany               	Fax  +49-721-91374-215
http://www.schlund.de                  	tom@xxxxxxxxxx