RE: [dow2tf] CCNSO Questions
- To: Tom Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>, dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: [dow2tf] CCNSO Questions
- From: Steve Metalitz <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:31:32 -0500
- Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, Thomas, I suggest supplementing this a bit to provide more context.
Please see below (Qs 3 and 4).
From: Thomas Keller [mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 10:16 AM
Subject: [dow2tf] CCNSO Questions
here a set of questions we might ask the CCNSO, Centr or non organized
ccTLD registries who would like to participate on our "questionnaire":
The GNSO's WHOIS Task Force #2 is chartered with reviewing the current
ICANN whois policy regarding the collection, disclosure and transmittal
Since whois data may contain personal informations like telephone number
and email address we are interested in your knowledge and experience towards
your local privacy regulation and its effects on your whois policy.
Informations (including links and copies) to the following points are of
our particulare interest:
1. Is there a privacy regulation in you country which has effects on your
whois policy and if yes what regulations are this and how are they
2. Do you have or had contact to an local offical privacy body in regard
to whois and could you facilitate a contact for informational purposes.
3. What contact data do you collect from registrants, and to whom is the
data made available?
4. Do you obtain the consent of registrants to the uses of data about them,
and if so, how is this consent obtained?
5. Are you planning to change your whois policy to suit your local
Schlund + Partner AG
Brauerstrasse 48 Tel. +49-721-91374-534
76135 Karlsruhe, Germany Fax +49-721-91374-215