RE: [dow2tf] Questions for registrars
- To: "'Jordyn A. Buchanan'" <jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 2DOW2tf <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [dow2tf] Questions for registrars
- From: Steve Metalitz <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:33:58 -0500
- Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Would the request that these questions be forwarded be registrars to their
major resellers be included in the questions (e.g., Q. 4) or made part of
the cover note/"prelude" to be drafted?
From: Jordyn A. Buchanan [mailto:jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 11:33 PM
Subject: [dow2tf] Questions for registrars
Just wanted to put all of the edits into a final list of questions to
1) What information do you provide to potential and existing
registrants about the following, and what mechanisms do you use to
this information to them:
(a) the purposes for which contact data is collected;
(b) the intended recipients or categories of recipients of contact data;
(c) which contact data are obligatory and which (if any) are voluntary;
(d) how registrants may access and seek to rectify their contact data.
Please provide applicable URLs.
2) What mechanisms do you use to obtain consent from registrants for
use of their contact data? Please provide applicable URLs.
3) If you offer registrations through channels other than your website,
how do the mechanisms used to inform registrants of the use of their
contact data, and to gain consent for that usage, differ from those used
on the website?
4) What requirements, if any, do you make of your resellers in terms of
informing registrants of the use of their contact data, and gaining
consent for that usage?
5) Do you provide any mechanisms for anonymous domain registrations? If
so, under what conditions, if any, is the registrant's anonymity
lifted, or the anonymous registration canceled?
6) Do you provide any mechanisms to limit the amount of contact data
made publicly available through WHOIS? If so, under what conditions,
if any, is access granted to data that is collected, but not made
publicly available through WHOIS?
7) Describe any accommodations that you have made to comply with local
laws pertaining to the collection or display of contact information.
Please cite the specific laws.