[dow2tf] Questions for registrars
Just wanted to put all of the edits into a final list of questions to registrars:
1) What information do you provide to potential and existing
registrants about the following, and what mechanisms do you use to provide
this information to them:
(a) the purposes for which contact data is collected; (b) the intended recipients or categories of recipients of contact data; (c) which contact data are obligatory and which (if any) are voluntary; (d) how registrants may access and seek to rectify their contact data.
Please provide applicable URLs.
2) What mechanisms do you use to obtain consent from registrants for use of their contact data? Please provide applicable URLs.
4) What requirements, if any, do you make of your resellers in terms of informing registrants of the use of their contact data, and gaining consent for that usage?
5) Do you provide any mechanisms for anonymous domain registrations? If so, under what conditions, if any, is the registrant's anonymity lifted, or the anonymous registration canceled?
6) Do you provide any mechanisms to limit the amount of contact data made publicly available through WHOIS? If so, under what conditions, if any, is access granted to data that is collected, but not made publicly available through WHOIS?
7) Describe any accommodations that you have made to comply with local laws pertaining to the collection or display of contact information. Please cite the specific laws.