ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow1tf]

[dow1tf] Amendments to the report

  • To: <dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow1tf] Amendments to the report
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:38:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings from Hong Kong.

Congrats to Jeff N. on putting together a draft for finalization. I'll be sending a set of messages proposing various amendments, most of them relatively minor. These are numbered for ease of discussion:

=======

MM#1
Section I.C (page 3)
To "summary of findings," add:
"It is not possible to create technical restrictions under the current potr 43 specifications that will limit port 43 access to a specific type of purpose such as "nonmarketing uses."

MM#2
Section III. 4 & 5 "Principles for the Use of Whois"
Both statements about balancing needs were included
will we be choosing between them or including them both as a compromise?