[dow1-2tf] TR : Proposal for tomorrow's TF call
- To: <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [dow1-2tf] TR : Proposal for tomorrow's TF call
- From: "gnso.icann" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:52:18 +0200
- Importance: High
- Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posted on behalf of: Mansourkia, Magnolia
Envoyé : mardi 14 septembre 2004 00:19
By GNSO Secetariat
Dear TF Colleagues-
I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to send this earlier, but I first
wanted to digest Barbara's document on the status of our work. I think
she did a great job of laying out a roadmap of sorts identifying the
issues and questions which need to be worked out. For tomorrow's call,
I would propose we break down the chart to more manageable chunks and go
with what can be accomplished most readily.
In keeping with the GNSO chair's recommendations that we move forward on
items that have greatest consensus and can be implemented within a
shorter time frame, I suggest the first two as immediate next steps.
1) Begin at the top of the chart and focus on implementation of
-provide some guidelines on what constitutes conspicuous notice.
2) Set out a specific procedure for resolving instances where a
national law conflicts with contractual obligations of
registries/registrars in reference to Whois data.
-Providers to begin process by showing the actual provision of law and
contract that are deemed to be in conflict.
-ICANN staff review.
-What happens in event that staff disagrees that a conflict exists?
-Timeframe for resolution.
3) I think working out the details of tiered access will be the
most time consuming issue, and should be left to the end after the first
two less complex recommendations are resolved.
Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you all tomorrow.
Internet and Ecommerce Law, MCI