[council] Statements made during the GAC-GNSO meeting about the role of ICANN staff in the IGO small group

  • To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Statements made during the GAC-GNSO meeting about the role of ICANN staff in the IGO small group
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 10:45:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councilors,

Several statements were made during the GAC-GNSO meeting that just concluded,
concerning my role and participation in the IGO small group discussions. I
would like to let you know that I was only brought into the discussions after
the group was formed, to provide subject matter expertise and process advice
concerning the GNSO and its work. At no time did I participate other than as a
staff facilitator – and I did not hold myself out as a representative of the
GNSO, or as having any authority to negotiate on behalf of the GNSO Council or
the GNSO community.

Mary