RE: [council] FOR REVIEW: IGO acronyms - differences between GNSO policy, GAC advice and the small group proposal

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] FOR REVIEW: IGO acronyms - differences between GNSO policy, GAC advice and the small group proposal
  • From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:30:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Paul,

>>  Also, apologies if this has been asked & answered, but I didn’t see a list
>> of participants in the “small group” that the Board references.  Do we know
>> who those members are?

The group was formed in October 2014.

I don’t have names of individuals but it seems to have consisted of:

- representatives from the IGO coalition that first raised the issue and who
participate in the GAC as observers (including the OECD, WIPO and the UN);

- the GAC Chair,

- and Board representatives from the new gTLD program committee that was in
place at the time this issue came to light  (primarily Chris Disspain).

I gather  a few others attended some of the meetings as well - e.g. Donna
Austin and Mason Cole.

The group is not decisional - just an ad-hoc group formed to see if they could
come up with a proposal that they thought would be acceptable to the GNSO.

Regards,

Bruce Tonkin