Re: [council] Voting Statements

  • To: Paul McGrady <policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "GNSO Council List (council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Voting Statements
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:00:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul, for your information, please find attached the transmittal message
from the CCWG-Accountability to the ICANN Board, which includes a link to
the message that James sent which included the transmittal letter and
attachments with statements as well as voting record. The transmittal
message from the ICANN Board to NTIA can be found here
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-March/011
720.html. As far as I can tell, the ICANN Board transmittal does not seem
to include the details of the consideration by the different chartering
organisations, but I may have missed it as there are a number of
attachments that have been provided.

Best regards,

Marika

On 14/03/16 09:00, "owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Paul
McGrady" <owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>James,
>
>Can you confirm that, as promised, the CCWG-ACCT passed along the various
>voting statements to the Board and the Board, in turn, has passed them
>along to the NTIA?  These are an important part of the record and we were
>assured they would end up in the hands of the NTIA. Hopefully, that
>happened as advertised. Thanks for checking and getting back to the List
>with news.
>
>Best,
>Paul
>

>Sent from my iPhone

--- Begin Message ---

Dr. Stephen Crocker, Chair
ICANN Board of Directors

Dear ICANN Board of Directors,

Following the submission on the Cross Community Working Group on Enhancing
ICANN Accountability (CCWG-Accountability) Work Stream 1 Report to its
Chartering Organizations on  23 February 2016, we are pleased to announce
that transmittal of the report has been approved by all six organizations.
Each of the Chartering Organizations¹ approval and statement is recorded as
follows, in order received:
* Security  and Stability Advisory Committee
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-March/011
606.html>  (SSAC)
* Address  Supporting Organization
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-March/011
639.html>  (ASO)
* At-Large  Advisory Committee
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-March/011
658.html>  (ALAC)
* Governmental  Advisory Committee
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-March/011
676.html>  (GAC)
* Generic  Names Supporting Organization
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-March/011
694.html>  (GNSO)
* Country  Codes Names Supporting Organisation
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-March/011
697.html>  (ccNSO)[1] <x-msg://160/#_ftn1>

In addition, the CWG-Stewardship certified
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2016-February/
011509.html>  that  the CCWG-Accountability has met the dependencies on
which their proposal was expressly conditioned, thus allowing the IANA
Stewardship Transition (as a whole) to proceed.

The report is the result of extensive work by the CCWG-Accountability¹s 28
members, 175 participants and a team of highly qualified legal advisors
since December  2014, which included over 221 calls or meetings, 3 public
consultations and more than 13,900 email messages. It represents a carefully
crafted balance between key requirements, specific legal advice, and
significant compromises by all who participated and  includes diligent
attention to the input received through the Public Comment proceedings.
Prior to submitting to the Chartering  Organizations for their approval, the
Work Stream 1 Report received the consensus support within the
CCWG-Accountability itself, with five minority statements recorded in
Appendix A of our Report, and available here
<https://community.icann.org/x/0ReAAw> .

With the sign off by the Chartering Organizations of this report, the
CCWG-Accountability is pleased to transmit this report to the Board as part
of the IANA Stewardship Transition  process. We are available to you in
order to answer any questions you may have and to explain any details of the
proposal. For your information, comprehensive further background documents
and reference materials are available here
<https://community.icann.org/x/ogDxAg> .

Thomas, Mathieu, and Leon
CCWG-Accountability Co-Chairs

[1] <x-msg://160/#_ftnref1>  In  accordance to the rules of the ccNSO
(http://ccnso.icann.org/about/ccnso-rules-dec04-en.pdf
<http://ccnso.icann.org/about/ccnso-rules-dec04-en.pdf> ),  the decisions in
this resolution will become effective seven days after publication of these
decisions by the Council. For the interim, the chair of the ccNSO is
requested to inform the ICANN Board of the decision of the ccNSO Council
under the assumption  the decision is effective and subsequently, after
seven (7) days, whether these decision has become effective.

charset=us-ascii"></head><body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode:
space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=""><div><div