RE: [council] For your information - latest version of the GNSO Marrakech Public Schedule

For discussion with the new CEO, I would suggest the following question:

        What are your plans to establish an enhanced culture of accountability
within ICANN staff that includes a full understanding of         the bottom-up
consensus-driven policy development process and that will seek consultation
with the community before     significant decisions are announced?

Without reciting all the demonstrative examples, I have heard many within the
ICANN community express concern regarding senior staff initiatives over the
past few years that they have regarded as top down, as well as about the fact
that so many new staff were hired within such a short period that they had
insufficient familiarity with the  unique history and design of ICANN. The
question also would be useful insofar that the proposed accountability measures
are all reactive, and that greater deference to community views and input prior
to decision-making would reduce the need for their use.

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050