From: McGrady, Paul D.
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 3:47 AM
To: Austin, Donna ; Susan Kawaguchi ; James M. Bladel ; GNSO Council List
Subject: RE: [council] FW: [Soac-infoalert] CCT Review Team Endorsement Process
- DUE 17 DECEMBER

Hi all,

We kicked this around in the IPC leadership call today.  We just see no upside
in adopting a selection process when an endorsement process has been asked for.
 We believe that the Council should endorse as many candidates as it believes
are qualified to do that job.  We shouldn’t be in the business of ranking
through elimination (that is for the selectors to do) .  Nor do we see any
upside in limiting the number of GNSO candidates that go to the selectors since
the GNSO is the most affected by this process.  This is all especially so in a
knowledge-vacuum about what the other SO’s and AC’s may be doing with their
process (for example, if they endorse instead of select through elimination, we
could have a poor showing indeed).

I recommend that we endorse rather than select.  We have plenty of information
from each candidate to determine whether or not the candidate is endorsement
worthy.

Best,

Paul