ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[council] List of action items for the Council following the meeting earlier today

  • To: Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] List of action items for the Council following the meeting earlier today
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:25:30 +0100
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=key-systems.net; h=content-type:content-type:in-reply-to:mime-version:user-agent :date:date:message-id:from:from:to:references:subject:subject; s=dkim; t=1448025920; x=1448889921; bh=Imp/K8UyflOllcyRDh0Ivlky 1tQudtlEkjycTvpcmsE=; b=qHbD2pFetNK92P1fXFQPxbuXuSeB3tLu/9Lh7n5G i9EnAUoTrYP4/leR9pODBLfSaZtS8muv6g5aQbnEHktKkKBoKEL12sWqIaCWNoHn yvUEEtfsMNEgP9fjFtjaDOh9CpTvll0CVYEpA2ZJE3o3iXL9+xFP9qoV+FR+5/yJ f2o=
  • In-reply-to: <D273E5CA.1A629%mary.wong@icann.org>
  • List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • References: <D273E5CA.1A629%mary.wong@icann.org>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.3.0

Dear Councilors,

Mary Wong has been so kind to provide the attached summary document of topics that were left over from yesterdays call and which have been converted to Action Items to be resolved prior to the next council meeting, or earlier.

Please review and provide feedback to any or all of the topics.

*Council Action Items from the GNSO Council Meeting of 19 November 2015***

*Item 2: Action List*

Besides the regular updates that will be done before the next Council call, the following require further action _from the Council_:


   /Council response to Board letter on exclusive registry access/–
   draft circulated to the Council list on 18 November, feedback
   requested by 23 November:


   /Council response to Board letter on replacement of registrar
   insurance requirements/– draft to be circulated to the Council by 19
   November, feedback to be provided by 24 November.


   /Dublin meeting survey/– Councillors to respond as soon as possible:


   /IETF follow up/- Council to consider next steps, including possibly
   inviting IETF representatives to a meeting in Marrakech to discuss
   the most effective ways of ensuring there is regular

*Item 4: VOTE ON MOTION – Adoption of the Charter for PDP Working Group on **Next Generation gTLD Registration Directory Services (RDS) to Replace WHOIS*

Amended motion passed: call for volunteers to form the PDP Working Group to be launched at the latest by 4 January; /_Councillors to update their respective SG/Cs_/on how the amendment affects the Working Group’s handling of SG/C feedback provided during the public comment period on the Preliminary Issue Report.

*Item 6: VOTE ON MOTION - Adoption of GNSO Review of the GAC Dublin **Communique*

Deferred to the next meeting; /_Council to further discuss and finalize_/the draft most recently circulated on the mailing list: _http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg17693.html_

*Item 7: DISCUSSION OF COUNCIL ACTION – Cross-Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN Accountability*

/_Councilors to begin consultations with their respective SG/Cs_/based on the 15 November Formal Update provided by the CCWG co-chairs: _https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/cwg-draft-2-proposal-work-stream-1-recs-15nov15-en.pdf_(pending the release of the full Third Draft Proposal on 30 November).

/_Councilors to consider next steps in relation to input to be provided to the CCWG_/by the end of the public comment period as well as consideration of the Final Report.

*Item 8: COUNCIL ACTION – GNSO Candidates for ICANN’s Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice Review Team*

Deferred to the next meeting; /_Councilors to review the proposed process_/(see _http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg17695.html_) for endorsing a certain number of applicants as GNSO representatives for consideration by the selection team (ICANN CEO and GAC Chair), and to /_continue discussions on the Council mailing list_/(see http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg17686.htmlfor the updated list of candidates).

*Item 9: UPDATE – Issue Report for a Potential PDP on New gTLDs Subsequent Procedures*

/_ICANN staff to send a written update_/to the Council mailing list.

*Item 10: BRIEFING – Ensuring Attendee Security at ICANN Meetings *

/_ICANN staff to forward the following questions to Nick Tomasso_/and his team:


   With the posting publicly of the location of where the security
   details will be at the venue, should we be concerned that others may
   gain access to this plan?


   Can we have the details about the firm Chris works for sent to the
   Council? [NOTE: this has been done – see


   Can we get an update from the Moroccan authorities about security
   enhancements outside the venue, e.g. the airport?


   Can ICANN staff provide updates about concerns that the rooms in
   Marrakech are: (1) non-refundable/changeable; (2) to be prepaid; and
   (3) not available on Thursday night? Apparently the hotel is also
   asking people to email a scanned copy of the front and back of their
   credit cards – all these are very discouraging and difficult for
   attendees, especially business travelers.

*Item 11: QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION – GNSO Chair Elections*

/_Councilors to follow up_/on James Bladel’s latest email invitation if so desired: _http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg17694.html_; /_ICANN staff to distribute electronic ballots_/on 20 November.

*Item 12: AOB*


   *Proposed meetings for 2016*: /_Councilors to provide input_/on the
   proposed schedule of meetings as well as potential changes to the
   rotation of time zones.


   *CWG-Stewardship Letter concerning role in implementation:
   */_Councilors to provide feedback_/on whether there are any concerns
   in relation to the approach proposed by the CWG-Stewardship for
   dealing with implementation oversight.


   *DNS Entrepreneurship Center: */_Julf to circulate
   message_/concerning DNS Entrepreneurship Center to Council mailing list.

Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Volker A. Greimann
- Rechtsabteilung -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Folgen Sie uns bei Twitter oder werden Sie unser Fan bei Facebook:

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Siffrin
Handelsregister Nr.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
Umsatzsteuer ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP

Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Jede 
Form der Kenntnisgabe, Veröffentlichung oder Weitergabe an Dritte durch den Empfänger ist 
unzulässig. Sollte diese Nachricht nicht für Sie bestimmt sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit uns per 
E-Mail oder telefonisch in Verbindung zu setzen.


Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Volker A. Greimann
- legal department -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Follow us on Twitter or join our fan community on Facebook and stay updated:

CEO: Alexander Siffrin
Registration No.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
V.A.T. ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person to whom it is 
addressed. Furthermore it is not permitted to publish any content of this 
email. You must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If an 
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, kindly notify the 
author by replying to this e-mail or contacting us by telephone.

Attachment: Action Items from GNSO Council mtg of 19 Nov 2015.doc
Description: MS-Word document

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>