RE: [council] CCWG-Accountability timeline

  • To: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] CCWG-Accountability timeline
  • From: Phil Corwin <psc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 00:35:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fellow Councilors:

I have just shared this with BC members and strongly urged them to provide
feedback ASAP.

Expressing a strictly personal view, I note that the Council is being asked to
" Consider the approval of the CCWG-Accountability 3rd CCWG Proposal

Review and adoption of GNSO statement on 3rd draft CCWG Proposal" on December
17th, which is four days prior to the close of the public comment period on
December 21st . As experience shows that most comments are filed in the 48
hours prior to deadline, I am concerned that the Council is being asked to
consider and vote on a definitive statement before Councilors have had an
opportunity to review all public comments.

While I will follow the views of my constituency, I am not comfortable with
considering such a statement before having an opportunity to review all
comments. We would never follow such a procedure in regard to a PDP, and while
this is a CCWG work product the subject matter is far more important than that
of any PDP.

Thanks for your consideration of those personal views.

Best, Philip

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal

Virtualaw LLC

1155 F Street, NW