[council] Motion to Adopt the Recommendations of the GNSO Translation and Transliteration PDP WG

  • To: Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Motion to Adopt the Recommendations of the GNSO Translation and Transliteration PDP WG
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 00:34:10 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have another motion I’m submitting to the GNSO Council in preparation for the
Council meeting that will be taking place in Buenos Aires. This one concerns
the adoption of the GNSO Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information
PDP WG’s final report and recommendations.

I’ve attached a copy of the motion to this email as well as a clean copy of the
PDP WG's final report and a redline version showing the changes made to the
initial report.

The initial report is posted on the GNSO website here:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/transliteration-contact-initial-15dec14-en.pdf

The final report is posted on the GNSO website here:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/gtlds/translation-transliteration-contact-final-12jun15-en.pdf

Also worth noting that the GNSO Council is scheduled to receive an update about
the final report from the PDP working group co-chairs — Chris Dillon and Rudi
Vansnick in BA on Saturday, June 20th at 14:30 (local BA time) as part of the
GNSO weekend working sessions.

Thanks.

Amr