[council] Notification of voting outside a Council meeting: start 3 January 2015 closes 6 January 2015. Council reply comment NomCom Recs from the Board WG

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Notification of voting outside a Council meeting: start 3 January 2015 closes 6 January 2015. Council reply comment NomCom Recs from the Board WG
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 21:53:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councillors,

Reminder: Voting Closes today, Tuesday 6 January 2015 at 23:59 UTC.
If you foresee any connectivity issues during this period, please let me know
so that alternate arrangements can be made.

Further to the voting outside of a Council meeting  the electronic ballots have
been sent to all the councilors eligible to vote. If you have not received one,
please let me know.
As noted, ballots will be sent to the Council mailing list because it is an
open and transparent vote as are all the votes taken at a Council meeting. The
ballots below have been received to date.

Ballots Received to date:

Ballot ID 3fd99d8ccc7fc61  (Heather.Forrest@xxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at
2015-01-06 21:22:48 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 6caaf1ca64ab799  (jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-06
21:11:43 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 48340f272cd91a8  (brian.winterfeldt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at
2015-01-06 19:02:11 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 022f8dc753927f0  (bret@xxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-06 18:59:06
UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID c4feb4bce814d2d  (avri@xxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05 23:37:31 UTC
(counted)
  1: [ ]
  2: [X]
  3: [ ]
  4:
  While I have concerns with the Board WG report, such as the fact that the
Nomcom grew larger instead of smaller and that it is still a selection
committee instead of a nominating committee, I generally support the direction
they are taking to adjust the balance of representation in the Nomcom.

  The Nomcom is supposed to be the mechanism, replacing the full and open
election that ICANN supported at its creation, by which the entire ICANN
community picks a board that balances a multitude of diversity and interest
factors. The broader the representation of diverse groups in that Nomcom, the
better able it is to understand the scope of that diversity and range of
interests and requirements. And the better it understands the need for
diversity the better it can perform its duties.

  The current Nomcom structure, is strongly oriented toward business interests,
as the GNSO is 3/4 business stakeholder groups, counting both the Non
Contracted and the Contracted business stakeholders.  The changes suggested by
the Board WG go some distance to putting the various other components of the
ICANN community on a equal footing in Nomcom deliberations. This is a goal I
strongly support and one that is antithetical to the proposed letter.

Ballot ID 76b8e14091c56ed  (stephanie.perrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at
2015-01-05 23:15:00 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 7879cf5a79bfe1d  (Donna.Austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at
2015-01-05 23:02:34 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 4b602242988be19  (susank@xxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05 21:47:25
UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID cd830581839a018  (rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05
19:39:27 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 58b04c10ae86d99  (yoav@xxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05 18:24:55
UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 75bac69aa0c6475  (aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05
16:00:00 UTC (counted)
  1: [ ]
  2: [X]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 7a841e78b734070  (vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05
12:03:36 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 80d157e8e7e8742  (gabrielaszlak@xxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05
10:37:07 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID aa75cb17ff73c38  (dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05
05:12:02 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 489387a360afad8  (jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-05
04:41:35 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID 0ca4ad1e7d30e1e  (egmorris1@xxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-04
22:01:49 UTC (counted)
  1: [ ]
  2: [X]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID fbffc9045745119  (dan-reed@xxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-04
18:51:20 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID e7f1452168429be  (onovoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at 2015-01-03
10:21:46 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

Ballot ID b90f59bac15d405  (tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1) Received at
2015-01-03 09:28:28 UTC (counted)
  1: [X]
  2: [ ]
  3: [ ]
  4:

(1 Yes, 2 No, 3 Abstain, 4 Comment box.)

Reminder: Voting Closes on Tuesday 6 January 2015 at 23:59 UTC.
If you foresee any connectivity issues during this period, please let me know
so that alternate arrangements can be made.

The results will be tallied at the end of the vote on 7 January 2015 and if the
motion carries by a simple majority it will be submitted to the to the public
comment forum<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/bwg-nomcom-2014-08-21-en>
on or before 9 January 2015.
Thank you.
Kind regards,