[council] Request from IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection WG

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Request from IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection WG
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 04:46:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: Mason Cole <mason@xxxxxxxxx>, Phil Corwin <psc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Petter Rindforth" <petter.rindforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councilors,

Please find attached a letter request from the IGO-INGO Curative Rights
Protection WG, which I am transmitting to you on behalf of the WG Co-Chairs,
Phil Corwin and Petter Rindforth, in the absence of a new Council liaison.
In the letter, the WG requests that the Council agree to ask Mason Cole
(GAC-GNSO liaison) to engage with the GAC in order to resolve certain
questions arising from the GAC¹s Los Angeles Communique. The specific
questions that the WG is suggesting for such engagement are contained in the
attached letter.

As the WG was able only to discuss and finalize the request at their meeting
this week, this is the earliest opportunity that it has had to send the
letter to you. I note with gratitude that Jonathan, Marika and Glen have
kindly allotted a slot under ³AOB² on the agenda of the forthcoming GNSO
Council meeting for discussion of this matter; however, as the WG would very
much like to pursue early engagement with the GAC as soon as possible, it is
their hope that the Council will be able to begin discussing their request
upon receipt of this letter.

Should the Council require any further information or background, staff
supporting the WG (Steve Chan and me), Mason (who is also a member of the WG
and participated in the WG¹s discussion of this request) and, of course,
Phil and Petter, will be very glad to oblige.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director