[council] Members / Volunteers - IANA Stewardship Transition & ICANN Accountability

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Members / Volunteers - IANA Stewardship Transition & ICANN Accountability
  • From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:48:20 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

IMPORTANT - Members / Volunteers - IANA Stewardship Transition & ICANN
Accountability

It seems we have universal agreement on the link between  IANA Stewardship
Transition & ICANN Accountability.

In order to support these two critical and closely linked areas of work, we
need three sets of volunteers from the GNSO as follows:

GNSO / CCNSO initiated CWG on Transition of NTIA's Stewardship of the IANA
Functions

.         Up to 4 participants (from the GNSO) for the Charter Drafting Team
ASAP

.         Logically, this seems to be 1 per SG

.         There is an informal gathering of the participants (in so far as
they already exist) today at 18h00 in Sovereign (or Cadogan if required)

Coordination Group on Transition of NTIA's Stewardship of the IANA Functions

.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/process-next-steps-2014-06-06-en

.         ICANN is seeking 5 participants from the GNSO including 2 from the
Registries

.         Logically, and I believe we are agreed, this seems to be 1 per SG
(excluding Registries SG)

Enhancing ICANN Accountability

.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/enhancing-accountability-2014-05-06-en

.         It has been suggested that ICANN may seek 4 participants from the
GNSO but this is not confirmed

.         Public comment (reply period) open until 27 June 2014

.         Avri Doria (NCPH / NCSG) and James Bladel (CPH / RrSG) to
participate in panel / community session to discuss accountability on
Thursday 26 June, 2014

There may or may not be overlap between the above participants.  I propose
that the Council acts as co-ordinator.

I do not propose that we apply any (GNSO Council) selection process but am
mindful of the desirability of diversity.

Also, I am cognisant that the Council has a management / coordination role
to play here in order to ensure that channels of communication are well
maintained and bottom-up processes are followed.

Please can you communicate and work with / within your respective SGs to
produce these names and provide them to the GNSO Secretariat as soon as
possible.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Robinson