RE: Re: [council] FW: Letter from Cherine Chalaby

  • To: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jonathan Robinson" <jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [council] FW: Letter from Cherine Chalaby
  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:22:16 -0700
  • Cc: "Marika Konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

Based on the presentation we got from Chris Disspain in Singapore, the Board is
trying to figure out how to abide by the contradictory Council policy (passed
unanimously) and GAC advice (s growing presence in the life of ICANN) on the
matter.  I feel their pain, but worry/assume in the current Internet
governance-fueled environment, if a collaborative solution is not found, the
GAC will prevail.

Not compromise or capitulation, but collaboration.

Cheers,

Berard

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [council] FW: Letter from
Cherine Chalaby